Pepperoni Pizza Nachos Recipe
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips 12 oz
- 15 slices Pepperoni
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated or pre-shredded, optional
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese balls cut in half
Pizza Sauce (makes a lot)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28-ounce
- 1 can tomato paste 6-ounce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
Preparing the Pizza Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan set over medium-low heat. Stir well to combine and allow to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Remove from heat and use immediately or allow to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to one week.
- If you feel it's necessary, use a blender on a light setting to make it more sauce-like. This recipe makes a bunch of pizza sauce, so make sure you have containers to store the excess!
Preparing the nachos
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the chips out evenly on a round baking sheet or oven-safe plate.
- After completing the pizza sauce prep steps above, lay the sauce on top of the chips.
- Add a layer of cheese using the cheddar cheese and mozzarella balls. Then add the pepperoni and jalapeno slices
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy this original recipe for pepperoni pizza nachos and please share with your friends & family if you like it!
If you have any issues, questions, or concerns about the recipe, please feel free to contact us.
Subscribe to Nacho Nation
We promise never to spam you. Realistically we wouldn't even email you more than once every couple weeks with crucial nacho news, key new cantina findings, or other great ways to make nachos at home.