- 10 oz pita chips
- 1/2 pound ground lamb or ground beef
- 1 cup hummus See Notes below
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- Pinch salt & pepper
Feta Cheese Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or diced garlic
- 1 tbsp cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- In a large pan, add ground lamb with onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly browned.
- As the meat cooks, spread your pita chips onto a large baking sheet and heat the oven to 375°F.
- Add meat mixture over chips and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until the chips are warm and toasty.
Feta Cheese Sauce
- Prepare your whipped feta sauce, ideally while the the chips and ground meat are in the oven. Place all ingredients, yogurt, feta, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder, in a medium mixing bowl, and mix until smooth and creamy, breaking down the feta to fully combine.
- Spoon the feta sauce over warm chips and meat in several dollups. Add hummus and remaining toppings (cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, red onions, parsley or mint, and extra feta if desired).
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Enjoy this original recipe for Greek Nachos and please share with your friends & family if you like it!
If you have any issues, questions, or concerns about the recipe, please feel free to contact us.
Subscribe to Nacho Nation
We promise never to spam you. Realistically we wouldn't even email you more than once every couple weeks with crucial nacho news, key new cantina findings, or other great ways to make nachos at home.