BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 2 packages organic corn tortilla chips recommending a 14oz size package so you have enough!
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1/2 can Bush’s Best Baked Beans Original 28 oz can seasoned with bacon & brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream mixed with 2oz cream in a pour bottle
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce homemade or store-bought used Rufus Teague Honey Sweet for this one and it was fire
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat (or alternatively use a grill). Add garlic to a skillet (or afterwards if grilled), and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper (optional), and add to skillet / grill
- Smother the chicken with barbecue sauce while on the grill or skillet, and cook until golden brown and the sauce is slightly reduced and meat is cooked through (165°F is recommended for chicken)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Alternatively you can use a cast iron or large oven-safe plate.
- Add tortilla chips in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with barbecue chicken mixture and cheeses. Add a second layer if you desire & have enough of the above ingredients.
- Place the nachos into the oven and bake until the cheeses have melted, which usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve right away, topped with tomato, onion, sour cream and cilantro.
We hope you enjoy this barbecue chicken nachos recipe, and please share with your friends & family if you like it!
If you have any issues, questions, or concerns about the recipe, please feel free to contact us.
Subscribe to Nacho Nation
We promise never to spam you. Realistically we wouldn't even email you more than once every couple weeks with crucial nacho news, key new cantina findings, or other great ways to make nachos at home.